Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Hello Fall!

State Fair, cool weather, Texas/OU, cool weather, leaves changing color, hoodies, cute clothes, worskhops, photoshoots and WEDDINGS..these are a few of my favorite things happening righ now.

This one is long but it kinda catches you up to where I've been and where I'm going lately.

TAffy

I was going to post October 1st, but let's be honest..My life is chaotic and not Britney Spears type chaotic.  Crazy kids chaotic.  My weekend was hella busy with the husband working Saturdays lately I now know what it feels like to be a single working mom.  Mad props to you ladies!

I had to get my youngest up for Soccer pics and be there by 7:30, then she had a soccer game at 8:45 so of course in my downtime, I ran home and got my camera.  It was also Texas/OU weekend and the big game was that very same day so after her game we rushed home cleaned the house and got my oldest daughter ready and to her football game and afterwards we were finally home...to cook and make sure we had enough food, run to the store because we ran out of ice and then finally watched the game a very sad game at that.  Did I mention I'm a Longhorn fan?  I am, my whole family is.  We are brokenhearted but expected it.  I mean come on, poor quarterback is following behind Vince Young and Colt McCoy.  Those are big shoes to fill.  My husband taught me to play washers after the game and I did pretty good for a first timer if I do say so myself.  We did win afterall.












Today I get to shoot an engagement photoshoot at the American Airlines Center on the floor of the Dallas Mavs court with a super sport loving couple.  You can most def expect a post on that in a couple days.

An opportunity came along that allows me to attend JVS Pictures for their off camera flash workshop this Thursday and the workshop ends with the State Fair and fried foods!  I am so excited and cannot wait to learn from someone other than trial and error.  I am also attending an online workshop from Dane Sanders Escalate Live Be Boutique.  While it is not my style, you always learn something from others.

I have been eyeing Targets fall line and I have to say they have some cuuute stuff!  I  have got to update my fall wardrobe and too many cardigans make me feel like a school teacher, lol.


Although I do have this one and I love it over a red cami

Most important, David and Ashley's wedding is in 11 days!  I leave for Austin Saturday morning for a girls weekend then it begins...rehearsal Friday night and the big day is Saturday, October 16th.  I am also using off camera flash for the reception so I really can't wait to learn at the workshop.  Sad, I will miss my kiddos games this weekend and  next weekend we all will even themselves since they are Junior Bridesmaids and the husband is a groomsman.  Such love and a sense of family.  Nothing better. 


2 comments:

  1. Look forward to hearing how the off-camera flash experience goes for you at the wedding! Be sure to include gear setup for all us gear-heads! ;)

    And there's nothing wrong with looking like a teacher, especially stylish, competent teachers. My dad was a professor, so I still have a soft spot for the elbow patches. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Idont thik there is anything wrong with looking like a teacher lol Dont you remember my teacher shirt? I NEVER let yall making fun stop me from earing it, with PRIDE! lol

    ReplyDelete