Friday, August 27, 2010

Three Words

After attending Creative Live's online course study with Jasmine Star, I have been inspired.  I am trying to come up with a way to brand and market my style.  In the course, she asked several students to define their style in three words.  Hers is fun, fresh and fierce.  My style has evolved quite a bit since beginning.  I don't know what three words describe what look I'm trying to acheive.  I do know, I want my shoots to resemble movies so maybe "cinematic?" 






I also know I want my look to have style and a flair for fashion, so maybe "stylish?" 






Lastly, I never want to be boring and stale.  I want to be more free style, so maybe "free?" 





None of those come together or flow but that is what I envision.  I want to be different and not offer the same type of portrait that you can get from any standard in-studio.  How would you define my style?

 

3 comments:

  1. Cinematic, stylish, and free. I like it, like you said they don't flow but that gives your clients more options and gives you room to work with them. Good job, you're and awesome photographer. Love you!

    -Brookie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohhh i love the idea of free! clever.. I love them all together..its you..rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Suzie :) I think you're so on point about wanting to find your own style and not offering a standard portrait. Your style is what is going to be your BIGGEST asset because then your brand revolves around YOU not prints/albums. Obviously we want to market prints and albums but YOU are your brand. Keep in mind that defining your style in those three words doesn't necessarily mean you have to word it like that for your clients...it is about how you present your images so that they reflect that style. My 2 cents :)

    ReplyDelete