Thursday, August 26, 2010

Long time, no post!

Okay, I know I said I was going to be better with posting but this time of the year is super busy with the kids going back to school and senior pics starting up and I'm shooting a wedding in October, bridals is September and did I mention the wedding is my brother in law and soon to be sister in law?  SO... that means extra long post!

Yeah, that also means my family is in the wedding.  The girls are junior bridesmaids and the husband is a groomsman.  Ashley and David are getting married on October 16, 2010.  I can't wait.  She is already family though so this is just a technicality.  seriously, I love this girl to the moon! I will mention I am very nervous shooting this wedding, I want this day to be so special for them and I'm afraid I will trip up somewhere.  Probably shouldn't have blogged that, but oh well I'm keeping it real.  It's also that I want this day to be so special that I will do everything I can to make sure it is.

Here is the happy couple's engagement pic we shot last year. 
Won't she be a beautiful bride?  I seriously can not wait!

Now, other than the wedding stuff, school started August 23rd I am so determined to stay organized with school work and school papers this year that I made a kitchen command center.  Forgive the picture, it is from my iphone and it was a little dark, lol.  What do you think?


Not too bad for $20 huh?  most everything was from Michael's or The Dollar Tree. What you don't see is opposite of this wall is my refrigerator.  I also have a chalk board with a dry erase board and a monthly calendar that is dry erase so I can

Now, along with school starts come new hairdos for the kiddos since they are getting so big.  They literally spent the entire summer in a pool and their poor hair suffered the consequences, so Pam Cox at Rockwall Salon worked her magic and Voila!  Cute and functional!



And at last, the 1st day of school picture!



The girls had a great 1st day and 1st part of the week.  They both love their teachers and the oldest who is in 6th grade facebooked this "first day of school wuz grawsome that's great and awesome".  4th grader loved it too and likes that they change teachers this year and that she knew alot about Mrs. Lancaster and won a crazy band, lol!

Whew!  Okay enough for one blog post.  I have more but I'm home sick and about to watch Jasmine Star on Creative Live as she gets ready to shoot a wedding LIVE! Oh and I have a dr. appt too ;)

~S

1 comment:

  1. Your daughters are beautiful :) And man, they are rockin those haircuts! I went for an assymetrical bob last year and chickened out in the end LOL. On the school side, I'm a full time teacher in LA and whew! the last days of summer are going by so fast...this whole weekend was about getting organized. Great idea with the kitchen command center...love it!

    ReplyDelete