Monday, September 13, 2010

I Did It My Way

This is going to be a different post today boys and girls.  I might lose some of you but most of you especially if your a girl will feel me.

I attended a funeral today and as I sat through the service I noticed several things that I want to make sure no one picks but me.  First and most important if you know me, is the music.  While I love the old Hymns, I want this to be a remembrance on life and a reminder of who I was.  My list is all over the place and sometimes a little unconventional but then again, so am I.



1.  If I Ever Leave This World Alive-Flogging Molly

I lost my dear sweet sister last year and this song comforted me during darkest hour.  The lyrics are "wherever I am, you'll always be more than just a memory."  That says everything and its Irish and a little punk. Look it up, I guarantee you'll love it and it's from one of the best chick flicks eva P.S. I Love You.

2.  Time Of Your Life-Greenday

Greenday, come one the best ending song.  "For what it's worth, it was worth all the while.
It's something unpredictable but in the end it's right.  I hope you had the time of your life."

3. I Can Only Imagine-Mercy Me

This is my favorite contemporary hymn I play this every morning on my way to work and sing to the top of my lungs. The lyrics are so true "Will I sing hallelujah, will I be able to speak at all?"  I can only imagine.  This songs makes me believe as soon as I go I will have my answer and I will feel his love.

Now, I'm serious don't play sad sappy music that makes people cry at my funeral.  I'm a planner, I have to have a plan.   I want a slide show of my best photographs that I took over the years.  Not the portraits or the weddings, I mean my stuff.  The ones that feed the soul.  The ones that tell you who I was and what inspired me.  I also realized I need to take more pics of me.  I need to be in front of the camera some and not just behind it.  That being said, here's one ~S





No comments:

Post a Comment