Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hey Soul Sister Happy Birthday: Suzie Bell Photographer

Today is the birthday of my sister and best friend.  This post, I will try to remain light and happy but I can't make any promises. 

Sharrie,

I am so lucky to have had you in my life for the short time I did.  I know we weren't raised together, but I thank god for each second I was granted with you.  You are such an amazing person who touched everyone you met and gave so selflessly of yourself.  You never hesistated to help anyone in need and would give them the shoe soff your feet (even if they smelled) lol, that's an inside joke.  I'm thankful for having Gwen and Jimmie and in my life and love our days we spent together garage saling, antiquing, shopping and just hanging out.   I have never felt such honest and whole love than I did from you.  You loved wholely and unconditionally.  I love that my girls know they had an Aunt that cherished them and worshipped the ground they walked on.  I will always keep happy memories of painting and decorating the girls rooms. school clothes shopping, going to the movies, to dinners, singing uninhibited in the car to the top of our lungs with the windows down (I still do that and think of you each time), the marshmallow gun fights, the photoshoots, the birthday parties we planned and made happen together.  I will always remember on your birhday eleven years ago you went to the dr. with me and we found out Ashley was a girl.  You squealed and jumped around you were so excited as you held the black and white photo to your heart and said best birthday ever!  You were there with me through the whole pregnancy and in the delivery room when she came into this world.  You loved her before she was here.  Brittney was just as loved and you were so excited when we found out I was pregnant a second time.  I cried out of fear and you cried out of happiness.  Brittney loves her Aunt Sharrie so much even if she wouldn't let you hold her for the first two years of her life, lol.  I miss you, I miss our talks, our day after Thanksgiving shopping, our Thanksgiving strategy planning, Christmas, Easter and now it's coming upon us Halloween and fall.  When I think of fall,  I think of you.  I think of all the crafts we did and the planning we did because you said the kids would have good memories and they do.  They have so many great memories.  I was very angry at God for taking you from us at only 38, but I have since asked for forgiveness and found peace in my heart and know you would not be back here for a second now that you are truly home, but not a second goes by that I don't have you with me in my heart and around my neck.  I never take my heart off even if I wear another necklace.  It's you and me always.  I will still wear my heart when I'm old and in the nursing home and I think of our plan to be old crotchy sisters together and how I was going to throw lemonade in your bed to make them think you wet yourself.  Now that I thtink about it, it's probably better they don't give me a roommate.



Best Aunt Ever
    

For Sharrie :)



1 comment:

  1. I love this song...and I loved reading your letter to your sister. Very touching. No matter what happens, she will always be in your heart and a part of your soul. That's cheesy I know...but I believe it. :)

    ReplyDelete